Are you a LGBTQ+ Christian who was raised in the church and are now dealing with the pain of church trauma, heaped upon your by "loving" Christians?
If so...you are not alone! I get it...
This is a journey of HEALING and FAITH!
Your childhood faith was important to you. I would even submit for a great deal of you...it still is.
Next question: are you ready to heal your hurts and growth authentic, affirming faith?
In this Group coaching program we are going to tackle that trauma by utilizing key tools to wellness and tackle the faith by deconstructing and constructing of YOUR authentic and personal faith as a LGBTQ+ Christian.
That was me. I spent many years remaining quiet and closeted as a bisexual, cis-gender male and listening to people pile on the trauma. I heard how queerness was a sin. I heard about gays going to hell. I heard "love the sinner-hate the sin."
I spent most of my life silent and suffering...until I wasn't...and the healing began. I even worked years and years as an Evangelical clergy with the feelings and beliefs stuffed down and held to myself. I was thankfully able to work with others within the community, "behind closed doors," and all within the closet.
Enough is enough. With the support of my wife, I took ownership of who I was and how I could better serve those with whom I cared for so deeply. Although she doesn't work with me directly most times, believe me, my psychologist wife is by my side cheering us on and listening to my plans and thoughts and even making helpful suggestions along the way.
If you are like I was, you are probably trying to figure out what to do with all the baggage that has been heaped upon you by "loving" Christians with homophobic beliefs.
If you are already know this is for you...skip to the application at the bottom.
So...this group will absolutely give you the help you need.
In this group coaching program...
*You are going learn how to better define and understand your personal trauma, learn tools and techniques to begin the healing journey, and learn key Theological pillars that are important to construct within your new and authentic faith. All these things will help you heal!
"But Keith, I am doing okay. I have learned to just 'suck it up.'"
Well, let me tell you my friend...I am not a young guy any longer, and I tried doing that for a whole lot of years. Guess what? It doesn't work.
This coaching will start with helping you truly understand your trauma. I find that for many, they don't really understand the root of the trauma.
"But Keith, isn't the root of my trauma the hurtful words and actions of the church?" Well...yeah, kinda...
Truthfully, that is simply the mirror to the deeper root of the trauma. I will share with you some of the common roots that I most often see. These core roots are triggered by the words and treatment of the church and that is why the hurt is so deep. This is going to be eye-opening for you.
That kind of living causes pain and suffering.
Look...I get it...
It isn't easy for most of us to come to terms with our true sexual identity, especially when it falls outside the heterosexual norm of society and church.
* You are going to learn how dump the shame and better love yourself.
- Self Discovery
- Self Acceptance
- Self Celebration
This is what I want for you my friend and I am determined to help you get there! You are going to begin ridding yourself of shame and negative self-talk. You are going to learn how special you are in the sight of your creator.
This is a journey for the Queer (and I use that term lovingly and inclusively) Christian who wants to free themselves from years of shame, understand their true standing with God, and learn how to move forward in healing and happiness. You have nothing to be sorry for when it comes to your identity. You can't "pray the gay away," as so many have tried to do. You will see that you are not alone in that failed attempt.
Is this sounding like you, yet? If so, feel free to skip to the bottom of the page and complete the SIMPLE application!
*You are going to get more understanding of YOUR faith!
I know that carefully analyzing your faith, what some call "deconstruction," is an absolute when it comes to moving forward toward deeper and deeper healing and thriving as a queer Christian. I realize some of you may have already decided to throw away your faith. If that's you, I get it. The past trauma and ugly treatment by folks within the church can certainly make that a viable option. But, I hope that isn't the case for you. I hope you are at least still open to the possibility of faith.
If you are analyzing your faith, there is no absolute right or wrong way to do it. What I do believe is that having a systematic program to tackle key Theological issues will give your the core foundation to not only contemplate your beliefs, but perhaps, provide the footing for a better, more genuine faith. That's what we will tackle in this coaching program.
Some key issues will include:
- The Bible: what is it, what authority to does it have, and how should I study it?
- God (Trinity): What do I truly believe about God and the nature of God?
- Salvation/Atonement/Hell: including the 7 traditional theories of atonement
- Church: what was it created to be and how can I participate?
- The Bible and Homosexual: Do I truly understand the truth of the "Clobber verses?"
- Christian living-How can I still worship, serve, and live for God as a Queer Christian?
- And a lot more!
*You are going to get practical, daily tools to help you stomp out the trauma and finally move forward into your healing.
Even though I love to talk about "big picture stuff," like theology and goal setting (which we will definitely do), I know that for any coaching to be helpful, there must be the practical. You need specific tools to set you up for success. We will do that. In fact, in addition to the practical tools I will suggest, I will also share and encourage you to utilize some spiritual disciplines that I have found helpful in my own healing.
*You are going to get support from others as you take this journey together.
You are not alone! I know I keep saying that but it's true. There are many of us who have travelled and are traveling this shared road. I know, through years of pastoral counseling, coaching, and mentoring, that a circle of positive support, help, instruction, and even accountability is critical for our ultimate success and well-being.
Limited to 10 Champions each Session!
You are going to get that within this program. You will lock arms with other champions (current and past), and me, as we travel these three months together. You will be part of an exclusive Facebook group that will bring you nurture and encouragement as you heal and move forward in faith. There you can connect with other champions, ask questions, get prayer, and offer suggestions and guidance. In other words, you will be part of a community.
Remember...this is an exclusive group where you will find virtual support from me and your fellow journeyers within your group.
We are in this together!
Although I always build flexibility into this coaching program (one never knows what might come up in your group), I do have an outline of topics for the couching which are as follows:
Each week has built-in time for group questions and discussions as well.
At the Core of all my coaching are these Foundational Truths:
- Beliefs about God and Yourself do matter
- Accepting responsibility for your own life, healing and future is essential
- Strategizing is important to your growth and healing
- Incorporating resources and support is crucial to your well-being
- Celebrating your victories along the way will empower you to keep going
- Serving others will give you purpose, peace, and passion
"Rainbow Champions" 90 Day Training includes:
- Live Streaming Coaching/Facilitated Discussion each Thursday evenings at 7:00 pm EST (will be recorded for those who can't attend)
- Rainbow Champion Facebook group where you can ask questions, make friends and find peer support, watch any live sessions you missed (The Rainbow Champions group remains open to your group for the entire 3 mos. Once the Journey concludes, you will be removed from that group but will be invited to join my Queer Mastermind Membership. This is not required but it will be open to any who go through a journey with me.)
- Periodic Video Lessons posted within the Group during the journey
- Biblical discussion (especially as it pertains to the LGBTQ+ Christian) in the Live Sessions and within the group
- Instant message support directly from me (you always have access to other members in the fellowship group but you will be able to reach out to me via Instagram messenger)
- 30+ years of experience helping people heal
- Maximum-10 Champions per Group
- 25% Discount on any future One-on-One Coaching
- Opportunity to join my Rainbow Mastermind Membership
My personal belief is that you will not only grow in your healing but you might also begin to...
Construct a genuine faith that is real and beautiful to YOU.
Okay, Keith...what is the cost?
I get it. Well, I know that for a program like this with such a small group of participants, the educational and experiential qualifications of the facilitator, and the attention you will receive, would normally cost...
$2, 000 or more. But...
I purposefully set my prices at a level that is fair to my clients and me. So, the entire cost of the unbelievable 3-Month journey is currently only...
(Plus 7% sales tax for NC Residents) One time Fee!
* (Please note that this price will increase at some point in the future so lock in your rate now.)
That's it! That's all it cost for you to gain access to:
- 12 Weeks of LIVE Group Coaching
- Rainbow Champion Facebook group (Includes all the sessions during your program in case you miss one)
- Peer support and shared learning
- Individual Instagram messenger support support from me
- 25% Discount on any one-on-one Coaching program
And don't forget...your group is maxed out at 10 so there will be plenty of individualized attention.
And one more thing you might find cool...
As soon as you are accepted into the group and pay your fee...you get access to the Private group where you can begin to interact, befriend, and grow with other journeyers. Isn't that cool?
Yep...you get it all for only $397! Don't miss out on your opportunity to become a "Rainbow Champion."
So, are you ready to join the journey?
The earlier you join, the longer you get to utilize the Private Facebook Group even before the Session begins!
So, don't delay your healing a moment longer...apply today! Now accepting applications for 1st Quarter of 2023! Remember, the group is maxed out at 10 champions. Once those 10 spots are filled, the program is closed!
Submit your application. Please include "Rainbow Champions" in your application.
Submission of an application does not commit you to join or guarantee acceptance.