Are you a faithful, Evangelical parent who's child has come out as part of the LGBTQ+ community?
If so...you are in the right place.
I get this is painful for you. I grew up as a faithful Evangelical and even became ordained as such. I know what you have been taught. I get what you currently believe.
I was an ordained Southern Baptist Pastor at one time!
You are GRIEVING!
- You grieve for their eternal salvation.
- You grieve for the "normal" family for your child.
- You possibly grieve the fear of no grandchildren.
I can't tell you how many times I have heard parents tell me this over my years of work. Time and time again, Evangelical parents, with a strong faith and background in evangelical theology, have been rocked to their core when THEIR child comes out as LGBTQ+. What's more, I have seen just about every type of response. Some of these were better than others, as you might imagine.
What I most often found was confusion and a sense of loss. There was confusion on if or how they could reconcile this with their faith. There is questioning about what they might have done to cause it. And even those who responded with unconditional love struggled.
First of all...I want you to know that the struggle doesn't make you bad or evil. It makes you human; however, it is in the manner in which you move forward that determines who you will be in the life of your child.
Your feelings, even if, and hopefully if, you responded to your child in unconditional love, are valid. The truth is, this announcement does contradict what you have most likely been told your entire Christian life. I get that. I learned and heard the same throughout my personal and institutional education and life as a Christian. So, I want to first encourage you to...
Give yourself a little slack even if your child or others don't.
Most people, and even those young children who are LGBTQ+, don't understand what a shock to the system this can be for Evangelical parents.
But, after you give yourself a little love and slack, we must then move pretty quickly into negotiating your beliefs, your reality, and your families' future.
That's where I want to help. I will be honest in that I hope you can come to fully accept and support your child in their identity and the ability to be a queer Christian; however, if you can't get there, I won't judge you or treat you badly. I will love and encourage you. I will help you negotiate your emotions, beliefs and faith to better deal with this major life issue. I will do this with compassion and grace. Please understand, I am familiar with how many parents respond and think. After all, I spent most of my life in Evangelical churches and served some as pastor. So, yeah...I get where you are coming from even though I don't personally hold that Theological view.
But, my goal, and hopefully yours, is to connect you with your child in a different but even more wonderful way. They are still you child and your child NEEDS you.
"Okay, Keith...how much?"
I get it. Money is important.
You may even be asking:
"Why do you charge if you are an ordained priest and trying to do 'God's work?.'"
Let me answer that first...
The reasons are simply these:
- I no longer work for a local church and do not receive compensation from such.
- I make my living with this business (that is an honest answer.)
- I have years and money invested in education, practice, and experience for which I deserve compensation.
- This affords me the time to help instead of doing it "on the side."
- Those who invest in themselves experience more success.
So...I hope those honest answers help.
BUT...you still want to know...
I try to make my work as affordable and transparent as possible.
So, here it is in a nutshell...
Individual Session includes:
- An hour-long Zoom call with me to review your situation and strategize your next steps.
- Instagram or Voxer Private Messaging ability with me for 7 days after your session. (This will be extended with more sessions.)
Cost for this powerful, personal experience is only $97 (+7% Sales Tax for NC Residents).
Or get even more help (and save money) by grabbing a package deal...
30-Day Package includes:
- An hour-long Zoom call with me each week for the 30 days (4 sessions) where we will review your situation, discuss results from the last week, and strategize your next steps moving forward.
- Instagram or Voxer Private Messaging ability with me for 45 days (30 days during the active coaching and 15 days afterwards)
Cost for this incredibly personal PACKAGE experience with me is only : $297* when paid in full at time of scheduling (+7% Sales Tax for NC Residents).
6-Month Package Includes:
- An hour-long Zoom call with me each month for the 6 mos. (6 sessions) where we will review your situation, discuss results from the last month, and strategize your next steps moving forward.
- Instagram or Voxer Private Messaging ability with me for 6 mos. coaching plus 15 days afterwards
- FREE membership to the Rainbow Champions Community which is my private group Hub for all of my programs.
Cost for this incredibly personal PACKAGE experience with me is only : $447* when paid in full at time of scheduling (+7% Sales Tax for NC Residents).
*Rate subject to change at any time.
But wait...for those who choose one of the PACKAGES, we can do even more work with this bonus!
Bonus: Special Single Session Price
For those who want to grab a single session with me, most often 30-60 days out from your 30-day /6 mos. coaching, this is for you. I find that many of my clients like the idea of having periodic sessions to recap, rethink, and sometimes, even re-strategize.. These single sessions are available to you once you finish the 30-day coaching or the 6 mos. coaching. If my schedule allows, we can even schedules these single sessions on a consistent basis (every 30, 60, 90, days etc.). It is in your court at this point. This single session pricing is only $77* (That currently saves your $20 off the single session prices and is only available to those of you who do the 30-day package!!!)
That's quite a bonus!
As you can see, my rate is affordable and transparent.
Complete the application below and let's get the ball rolling so you can get the help you need.