I am so excited to share this interview I did with Matt Linden. You will really hear the heart of this young man as he shares a little about his life struggle and the journey he has been on to truly connect with God and understand his faith.
Matt Linden is a gay Christian from Tacoma, Washington. He’s a church kid who grew up in a conservative non-denominational environment – so when he realized he was gay at 13, a 21-year battle began to reconcile his faith with his sexuality. He was a member and Community Group leader at Mars Hill Church in Seattle from 2008-2014, and after finally coming out in 2019 at age 34, he resolved to tell his story. On his blog, The Crossing (crossingblog.com), Matt tells the story of his religious trauma in memoir format. His hope is to help himself heal and sort out his own theology, as well as let others know they are not alone in the struggle to follow Jesus as LGBTQ Christians.
To connect with Matt,
- Matt’s Blog, The Crossing: https://crossingblog.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mattlinden/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/seamattmuc
I encourage you to read his blog. It will be informative for some and healing for others.
To connect with me, learn more about services, or get some good free tools, simply visit:
To connect with me on Instagram, visit here.
- Get my FREE .mp3 teaching on the 20 Possible Sign of Church Trauma and/or Crisis of Faith!
- Support the show with a $5 gift.
- To visit my website and get all my freebies, visit here.
- To grab the book: “God and the Gay Christian,” visit here.
- To grab the book: “Outlove: A Queer Christian Survival Story,” visit here.
Come Join us!
I want to personally invite you to join either or both of these Free Facebook Groups:
- Christian Rainbow Group (LGBTQ+ and Allies) Join Here.
- Christians 4 Unity (Available to all who have ever felt like a Christian Misfit) Join Here.
I’ll see you there.