Just before COVID hit, my life took a real turn. I had worked hard to achieve a church vocational position that I was excited to have been working and growing. Unfortunately, due to some changes in my live, mostly around divorce and remarriage, things there got complicated. So, believing it was best for them and me…and believing it was what God wanted…I quit.
Unfortunately, on the heels of that decision, COVID did raise its ugly head and because my then main source of work and income was through public appearances as a speaker and performer (comedy magician), I lost that as well.
Can I tell you that was a one-two to the gut? I was forced to bend my knees and figure out what was next. Most people would think me ready to pack up my cleats and retire. Nope…not in my picture or plans. So…I had some thinking and praying to do. What you are witnessing now is a rebirth of who I am and a new way of doing what I have been doing for over 30 years. At the core…I am a teacher and a healer.
In this podcast you are going to hear my raw emotions about this change in life. Now don’t be fooled in thinking this has been easy. It hasn’t. But, I am happier than I have been in years. I am more excited than I have been in years. And I am more hopeful than I have been in years.
What’s more, I have four truths that I have hung on to throughout this process. In this episode, I will share those with you.
So, hear me good…it’s never too late. You’re never too old . As long as you have breath, there is much for you to accomplish.
Grab a coffee, have a seat at my table, and let’s chat. This is “Coffee with Keith.”
And of course, here are some useful links to connect with me or grab your freebies:
- To connect with me on Instagram, visit here.
- Get my FREE .mp3 teaching on the 20 Possible Sign of Church Trauma and/or Crisis of Faith!
- Support the show with a $5 gift.
- To visit my website and get all my freebies, visit here.
- To grab the book: “God and the Gay Christian,” visit here.
- To grab the book: “Outlove: A Queer Christian Survival Story,” visit here.
Come Join us!
I want to personally invite you to join either or both of these Free Facebook Groups:
- Christian Rainbow Group (LGBTQ+ and Allies) Join Here.
- Christians 4 Unity (Available to all who have ever felt like a Christian Misfit) Join Here.
I’ll see you there.